Medomics SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Kit is approved for use by healthcare professionals only. Please supply your AHPRA registration.
Same-day shipping Australia-wide and pick-up available
Medomics SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Kit (LFIA) is used for in vitro detection of SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swab, throat swab, nasal swab samples.
- Packing size: 20 tests/box
- Specimen type: Nasal swabs, Throat swabs, BALF
- Instrumentation: not required
- Detection time: 15-20 minutes
- Storage: Room temperature (2-30°C)
- Long Shelf life
Contents of the Kit
Test kit contains test cassettes, lysis buffer, sampling tubes, droppers, sterile swabs and instructions for use.
Test cassette: contains a test strip and a plastic cassette casing. The test strip contains: colloidal gold-labeled anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody, nitrocellulose membrane (C-line fixed with goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal antibody, and T-line fixed with anti- SARS-CoV-2 antibody).
Warnings and Precautions
- This test kit is used for screening only.
- This test kit should be used by qualified personnel with professional experience or proper training.
- This test kit should be used within 1 hour after opening the package.
- Proper protection should be taken during testing to avoid splashing when adding the sample.
- Dispose of all used or damaged test cassettes, and other kit components as biohazardous materials.
- Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection, particularly in those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow-up testing with a molecular diagnostic should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals.
The test kit should be stored away from direct sunlight at room temperature (2 to 30°C) and has a shelf-life of 12 months. The container should be protected from light after being opened. Do not freeze.
- A sterile swab is recommended for collecting samples.
- Nasal secretion collection: Insert the swab into the nasal cavity where there is the most secretion, gently spin and push the swab forward until blocked by the turbinate (about 2.0cm-2.5cm from the nostril). Then rotate and rub the swab on the cavity wall 3 times before taking it out.
- Throat secretion collection: Insert the whole swab completely into the throat from the mouth, centering on the throat wall and the reddened area of the palate tonsil, wipe both sides of the pharyngeal tonsil and posterior pharyngeal wall with moderate force. Try to avoid the tongue before taking it out.
- Sample should be treated with lysis buffer provided in this kit as soon as possible after collection. If the sample cannot be processed immediately, it should be stored immediately in a dry, sterilized and strictly sealed plastic tube. It can be stored at 2°C-8°C for 8 hours. Long-term storage is available at -70°C.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.