BMFHQ Portable Gas Detection Equipment Guide
Are you looking for a portable gas detector? Our handy guide will help select the right gas detection equipment for your needs.
Quality Drager Gas Monitors warn against risk of poisoning from Toxic Gases or Vapors, Explosions due to flammable Gases and Vapors and Suffocation Hazards due to Oxygen deficient conditions. We offer portable Gas Detection Solutions ideal for personal gas monitoring, clearance measurement, leakage detection and area monitoring.
From disposable, single gas monitors in the PAC range, to customisable multi-gas solutions with interchangeable sensors in the X-am range, read on to learn more.
The Drager Pac® Series is tailored to personal safety in the workplace. These Personal Gas monitors warn the user of the gas hazards in the working area. These units are small and lightweight, comfortable to wear, yet offer industrial strength robustness. The key features of all Pacs are:
- The miniaturised Dräger XXS sensors detect specific gases quickly and reliably.
- Ideal for basic gases and single gases
- Clever housing design is lightweight yet robust to handle tough conditions – IP 68 submersible
- Easy replacement of the dust filter
- Compliance Signal – signalling from far away that the device has been tested
- Large display with concentration display allows estimation of the danger between zero and alarm
- Easy replacement of the dust filter
- Colourful differentiation of the devices so safety engineers can check if the right gas type is worn
Need to detect basic toxic gases such as Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide or Sulphur Dioxide or Oxygen deficit conditions?
For a cost-effective device with long sensor life, virtually maintenance free for 2 years and low gas consumption during function testing:
Dräger Pac® 6000 Disposable Single-Gas Detector
Dräger Pac® 6500 Non-Disposable Single Gas Detector
Need to detect a single gas from a broader range including special gases like Nitrogen Dioxide, Ozone or Phosgene?
With a selection of 29 different sensors including NO2-LC, NO, CO2, Cl2, HCN; NH3; PH3; organic vapors– OV und OV-A; Ozone.
Dräger Pac® 8000 Non-Disposable Single-Gas Detector including Special Gases
Need dual gas detection in a single device?
If you need to measure 2 gases at the same time: such as H2S/CO or O2/CO the Pac 8500 delivers with the option of a Hydrogen-compensated CO sensor allowing cost-effective dual gas detection in a single device.
Dräger Pac® 8500 single or dual sensor gas detection device
Need to detect reactive toxic gases, such as Hydrogen Fluoride (HF), Hydrogen Chloride (HCl), Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) or hydrazine (N2H4)?
Toxic gases that are likely to absorb to surfaces are detectable by the specially designed protruding sensor on the personal X-am® 5100.
This is the ideal portable personal measurement solution for H2O2, HF, HCl or hydrazine, with rapid sensor response times.
Drager X-am® 5100 Special Gas Detection Device
Do you require personal monitoring for multiple gases?
The Drager X-am® Series is ideal for the management of multiple gas safety hazards simultaneously, providing monitoring of ambient air for toxic as well as flammable gases and vapors. Due to its small size and ergonomic design, it is ideal for the use of personal air monitoring and can be worn comfortably on the clothing.
Monitoring of up to 4 gases?
You may want to consider the X-am® 2500 model. This model is also ideal for CSE (Confined Space Entry):
- 1 to 4 gases at the same time: flammable gases - catalytic, CO, H2S, O2, SO2 or NO2
- Poisoning-resistant sensor for flammable gases with more than 4 years expected sensor life-time
- Battery shift length of >12 hours
- Industrial, rugged and waterproof to IP 67
- Extended data storage
- Approved for the measurement of flammable vapors
- Cross sensitivity calibrations without manual calculations on flammable vapors – simple and safe
- Low operating cost: more than 5 years expected sensor life time for CO, H2S, O2
- Note: Fixed sensors in non-flex model cannot be changed out after sale
- X-am® 2500 Flex model allows for changeable sensors