How to get rid of mould in your home naturally

What is mould?

Mould is a type of fungi, in the same family as mushrooms, that is widespread in the environment. Mould can grow in your home in damp areas, especially where there is inadequate ventilation.  There is a much higher risk of mould growing and spreading in humid areas, after periods of heavy rain, after water damage, or if there has been flooding.  It is common to find mould growing in bathrooms, in laundries, under sinks and on window sills where there is condensation.  If moisture builds up inside the home, mould may grow on furniture.  Mould can also be found growing and spread via air conditioning systems within the home.  If you can smell a musty smell in an area of your home, there is a high chance that mould is growing.  

Who is most at risk from mould?

There are many different types of mould that have the potential to make people sick.  People most at risk from mould include:

  • People with asthma
  • People who suffer from allergies and hay fever
  • Young children and babies
  • The elderly
  • People with weakened immune systems
  • People with lung conditions

 What are the health effects of mould?

 Mould has the potential to trigger a range of health problems, including:

  • Runny or blocked nose
  • Eye or skin irritation
  • Wheezing
  • Respiratory infections
  • Inhalation of mould spores can trigger asthma attacks

It is difficult to tell one type of mould from the other, therefore it is important to remove and control any mould growth in your home, whether you are an owner occupier or in a rental property.  In addition to the negative health effects of mould, it can also damage the surfaces it grows on.

How can I reduce the risk of mould in my home?

Where ever possible, try to prevent mould by:

  • Always using exhaust fans when cooking, washing and showering.
  • Ensure ventilation when using clothes dryers.
  • When the weather permits, open windows to allow fresh air ventilation.
  • Repair sources of water leaks such as roof leaks, blocked gutters and burst or leaking pipes (or request landlord do this work).
  • Limit the use of humidifiers.
  • Ensure fresh air ventilation when using evaporative coolers.
  • Clean and dry any areas affects by water spills or leaks immediately.

San-Air Removes and Prevents Mould in your home or office

If your home or office has a musty smell, there is a high chance mould is growing.  It is important to treat the mouldy areas as soon as possible, and to prevent mould re-growing.  If you are looking for a solution to stop mould in your house naturally, read on.

How can San-Air can help?

San-Air Mould Remover Spray and San-Air Mould Gone Gel removes and prevent moulds, without toxic and harsh chemicals.   It is a 100% natural mould remover.  San-Air’s highly effective natural ingredients kill and prevent further mould growth, but are not harmful to people, pets or plants.

All San-Air Mould treatment products have been independently validated to remove 99.9% of mould, spores, bacteria and germs.  These products are certified food-safe and provide 24/7 protection from mould growth and airborne spores. San-Air will stop mould in your house.

It is important to note, that for extreme and widespread mould growth, such as severe conditions resulting from rising damp or flooding, it is important to consult an expert in mould remediation.  For all other domestic mould problems, read on for how San-Air can keep your home safe from mould.

How does San-Air work?

San-Air Mould Remover Spray   Can be used on hard or soft surfaces for treatment and general cleaning.  As the product comes into contact with mould, spores and bacteria, it causes the mould to die by stopping it from receiving oxygen, eliminating its ability to grow and reproduce.  It is safe to use on most household surfaces including timer, tiles, curtains, canvas, leather, vinyl and more.  After cleaning, we recommend a second light spray on the treated surfaces.  Allow to dry, and this will provide ongoing protection for another 4-5 months.

San-Air Mould Gone Gel   This water-based gel evaporates into the air and spreads throughout the indoor air space. When the product comes into contact with microbes in the air or on surfaces, it eliminates their ability to grow and reproduce.  Kills 99% of airborne mould, fungus, bacteria and spores.

San-Air Split System Bioclean Gel.  This gel is especially designed to be used in split system air conditioners.  The water-based gel evaporates and continuously sanitises the internal parts of the machine while decontaminating incoming and outgoing airflow.  

Safe, Cost Effective and Independently Validated

San-Air Mould Removal Products are an extremely safe, cost effective and independently validated method of getting rid of mould in your house or office. We recommend using Mould Remover Spray and Mould Gone Gel together, for the most effective protection against mould.  If you have a split system air-conditioner, the addition of a Split system Bioclean gel inside the unit is highly effective at sanitising the air flowing through the unit and into your home. 

If you have any questions about San-Air Mould treatments, please do not hesitate to contact BMFHQ any time. 


Mould treatmentSan air

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published